Antivirus software, firewalls and IT support cannot prevent a cyber attack. Considering the access that accounting firms have to sensitive information, they remain prime targets for cyber criminals. The information that can be obtained is typically sold on the black market or held at ransom for a significant price.
Technology is a part of operating a business, and is imperative to accounting firms. However, the detrimental side effect to technology is the inevitable storing of a vast amount of sensitive information which can be accessed by sophisticated and motivated hackers.
Cyber attacks are on the rise and are a constant threat. In fact, cyber crime is reported to be the fastest growing crime in Australia.
Highlights of cyber crime in Australia:
- Close to 73% of Australian businesses suffered a cyber crime attack in 2016
- The ATO reported 40,500 scam reports from January 2016 to May 2016
- The average cost of a cyber crime attack is $622,515
Traditional insurance policies may provide limited or no cover for cyber related attacks. Accountancy Insurance’s Cyber Shield is designed specifically for accounting firms in order to provide prompt assistance with comprehensive coverage.
What does Cyber Shield include?
Cyber Shield is a cyber insurance policy that covers first and third party risks associated with cyber crime. This includes privacy issues, intellectual property infringements, transmission of viruses, breaches under the privacy act and other related elements. To read more about Cyber Shield, please click here to view the Cyber Shield brochure.
Accountancy Insurance offers your accounting firm:
- A tailored policy to suit your requirements
- Professional advice on what you should consider, depending on your circumstance
- Flexible payment options, including monthly premium funding
- A dedicated Account Manager, so you know who to call when you require assistance
- Specialised claims service
Cyber Shield Application Form
Complete the Cyber Shield Application Form to receive an obligation-free quote for an cyber insurance policy with Accountancy Insurance. Once you have completed each question and submitted the form, a member of the Professional Risks Team will be in touch with you.