There is a good reason that more than 95% of our clients say that they would recommend Audit Shield to other accounting firms*. Audit Shield has proven to provide relief, both to accountants and their clients. In fact, currently more than $1 million in claims is paid per month to Audit Shield participants. This is evidence that audit activity is prevalent and Audit Shield is an effective mechanism in alleviating the financial effects.
The tax audit insurance offering covers the professional fees that help you, as an accountant, assist your client to respond to an official audit, enquiry, investigation or review of returns lodged with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or other federal, state or territory government authority, agency or body. Audit Shield avails you the confidence to help your clients, while our team deliver customised and comprehensive solutions that meet your needs. More than 2700 accounting firms across Australia and New Zealand have implemented Audit Shield.
Audit Shield provides cost effective protection and assistance against the substantial cost that may be incurred should the ATO or other Australian government agency conduct an audit, enquiry, investigation or review. Our offering will cover the costs of processes that are being made to ensure a business or taxpayer is in compliance with various tax and legislative requirements such as:
- Income, Land and Payroll Tax
- BAS/GST Compliance
- Workers Compensation / WorkCover
- Superannuation Guarantee and Compliance
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
- Record Keeping
- Any query of any lodged return where the client is compelled to respond or act**
* Based on Accountancy Insurance's Client Perceptions Survey 2014.
* Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Information about our tax audit insurance policy cover is provided on the Policy Cover page.
Contact Accountancy Insurance to learn more about how accountants insurance can help you to implement Audit Shield (tax audit insurance) into your Australian practice. One of our team members will be in touch promptly to discuss your needs and tailor a tax audit insurance solution for you.